Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Forte perhaps?



After my 2nd day at Guest Services I definitely like it the best so far.  It helps that I've finally been given a project and was used for more than just an extra person to help around or shadow someone.  Ron asked me to help him out on the United Airlines project he's setting up because as of this Friday, we have a year-long contract to have the flight crew stay at the Hyatt.  This requires the Hyatt to pick them up on time and bring them back to the airport and a way to make sure we're timely and accurate. 
So Ron asked for my help and thoughts and he let me create this white board that I divided up by flight #, scheduled and actual time of arrival, #of crew we'd be picking up, and which driver would do it.  We ran it by some of the head bellmen to see what they thought and talked more detail about how it'd play it out.
Ron also had me go to the airport with one of the shuttle runs and get out to do some research there for the crew and other guests- what part of the terminal they arrive/depart from and what kind of services are there like restaurants/shops, where our ad was at the courtesy phone and if it's easy to see, and how everything played out when I called requesting a shuttle pretending to be a guest.  It was fun!  I left work on such a high and actually feeling like I was put to use and some of my potential was used.  I've been able to spend more time with Jonathan, the Rooms Division Head which is good since either way he'll be my head boss. 

It's good to finally be excited about work- now it's just too bad that I'm about to leave Rooms to head into my other rotations, but at least I'll be back and know what I have to look forward to! 

No comments: