Sunday, August 10, 2008

Needed mini vacation



Last week the 3 of us CMTs, Monica Melissa and I, went to the Hyatt in Bonita Springs (between Ft Myers and Naples) Coconut Point for a regional CMT conference.  All the CMTs in Florida and the Caribbean (right now just Key West) got together on Tues night for a reception and then the day of the conference Wed.  

It was fun to meet everyone else and compare how things were going/see how far everyone moved and all that.  I loved seeing the 2 women who hired me too, and the 3rd college recruiter I had heard so much of.  They remembered me well and said they still talk about how I weaseled my way into UMass's career fair and was known as the girl that drove all the way there just for the info session and interviews.  Glad I created a name for myself and was remembered!

The property was beautiful and all 3 of us definitely needed and liked the escape from Tampa for the night.  All the CMTs even went out for a few drinks after so we joined a few of them. (we made sure to get a pic of us cheers-ing to show our HR director we represented the hotel well!)  The only downfall was once we really got into the conference, most of the stuff was basically a review of our 1-day orientation we had to do at our properties when we started working.  We did at least get to talk with them about the recruiting/moving/getting started process so they can keep notes for next time, spoke with the Senior President of the Florida Hyatt region, and were able to split into groups by our divisions and talk with a divisions head.  Thankfully they're sending a survey to us about it and we all plan to recommend more useful information, like how to be a good manager, or transitioning from being a trainee into a manager.  

...oh well, like I said I really liked the mini vacation!  It was just what I needed because I was actually excited to go home to my empty and quiet apartment! 

No comments: